ONE DAY AT A TIME

My photo
"it's all about me"

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

IT'S BEAR NEWS

WELL, we have a bear, yea a real live 400-500 pound Bear in our neighborhood, well actually it was seen just a few miles from our house, and that is close enought to be in our neighborhood. Here is a picture that someone in Sweden Coulee-2 1/2 miles from our house, took in their back yard.
La Crosse County now has up to four black bears that apparently consider this area their permanent home.
The newspaper gave some tips on what to do if you get too close, you just: If the bear does finally approach, some suggest you should stretch out their arms to “look big,” hold your ground and yell, “Go away bear!” A truly wild bear will avoid confrontation if it can. Yea right!!!! I will stand tall, all 5'2" of me and say " GO AWAY BEAR" not that he would hear me for I don't think much would come out of me, facing a bear, I would be frozen to the spot, for I guess that is a good thing, for you are not to run from a bear either. It’s a good idea now for residents in La Crosse County to understand bear behavior and learn how to live with these wild neighbors. Naturally, some people are concerned about large, powerful animals living in close proximity, especially those who live in the country. says the newspaper. I understand this but that bear is 4 times bigger than me, so I guess he can do what ever he wants and I will stay in the house if he comes around, If I can make it to the house. I'm sure glad that I don't have any woods close to my house and I don't have any bird feeders or garbage outside for him to eat, just me and Nessie, of which neither will not be much of a lunch for him. Lets hope I do not see him. Stay away Bear!!!!!!!! Maybe I should just yell that out when ever I go outside so if he is around he will run away, you think????? Gorilla

Black BearRun Bear, Run.



No comments: