




Saturday Night we were off to The Sant' Yago Event, in another word "Gasparilla". This event is month long here in Tampa and has three hugh parades, the Kids Parade the Day Parade and the Knight Parade.
We attended the Knight (light, nightime illuminated) Parade, held in Ybor City. They say approx 40,000 people for this one, it is the smallest of the three, but was approx 3 1/2 hours long. Started out,( I thought that was the parade there were so many), the Police, on motorcycles, walking, cars, and horses, and they were all throwing beads to everyone. 

Then there was nothing for a while, so was joking with a officer that it is my first Police Parade I ever attended. Then came the fire dept and first responders, lots of them, boy if anyone wanted to commit a crime, this was the night for it, the police all were at the parade.
Then the floats, I have never seen such floats, hugh and decorated and loaded down with people and people walking beside them and every one was throwing and handing out beads.
We has a front row seat, but of course I was standing, and on a chair too so I could be seen, to get my share of the beads and all I had to do was yell, so today I can't hardly talk. haha. There was all sorts of beads, all colors, the regular beads, then big beads, decorated beads, beads with emblems on them, they were the hot ones that everyone wanted (I got my fair share of them). I got the one everyone wanted, it is a string with 10 BIG beads on it, the largest is probably the size of a tennis ball and them all accorted sizes too. I Caught the eye of this guy and just gave him a really big smile and yelled "mememe" and when he threw it to me I almost killed my self catching it, Ken caught me going over the fence, everyone was reaching for that one.
Even Ken got quite a few. We went there with 4 car loads of people, 18 of us and we found a outside bar that wanted us to stay there, so they got us chairs to keep our place by the fence that was placed on the curbs to keep us out of harms way, so were set. The picture of the all the beads on the table here is what I had on my neck by the end of the parade. I couldn't hardly walk back to the car, had to take them off and have Ken carry them all. So kids I have BEADs for you when I get home, but of course not my treasured ones. This is one parade we will go to next year, we had a good time and when leaving the traffic wasn't bad at all and we zipped right out and got on I-4 and off we were for home with all our treasures. Today my back hurts from all the beads, but will do it again.
We has a front row seat, but of course I was standing, and on a chair too so I could be seen, to get my share of the beads and all I had to do was yell, so today I can't hardly talk. haha. There was all sorts of beads, all colors, the regular beads, then big beads, decorated beads, beads with emblems on them, they were the hot ones that everyone wanted (I got my fair share of them). I got the one everyone wanted, it is a string with 10 BIG beads on it, the largest is probably the size of a tennis ball and them all accorted sizes too. I Caught the eye of this guy and just gave him a really big smile and yelled "mememe" and when he threw it to me I almost killed my self catching it, Ken caught me going over the fence, everyone was reaching for that one.
Even Ken got quite a few. We went there with 4 car loads of people, 18 of us and we found a outside bar that wanted us to stay there, so they got us chairs to keep our place by the fence that was placed on the curbs to keep us out of harms way, so were set. The picture of the all the beads on the table here is what I had on my neck by the end of the parade. I couldn't hardly walk back to the car, had to take them off and have Ken carry them all. So kids I have BEADs for you when I get home, but of course not my treasured ones. This is one parade we will go to next year, we had a good time and when leaving the traffic wasn't bad at all and we zipped right out and got on I-4 and off we were for home with all our treasures. Today my back hurts from all the beads, but will do it again.

No comments:
Post a Comment