We are home again, but what a trip. Denny & Kathy are so much fun to travel with. We did a alot of riding of the motorcycles. I guess to pick up on where I left off in the last blog.Aug. 5, We stayed at campground in Forest City, North Carolina, south-central NC. Broke heat record there 101, so it was very hot on the bike.
Monday we wet to see some land that is being developed in the Blue Ridge Mountains, including them building a lake, took a tour thru the mountains on a 4-wheeled mule and Ken drove a yamah 4- wheeler. Up in the mountains, very rustic. lots of downed brush, thought at times we would get thown out of the mule, but what a view. On Tuesday we took a ride to Lake Lure ares,very pretty, another man made lake, there a lots of man made lakes in this area. Found a biker bar and resturant/resort. When I went to the bathroom which is on the other side of the pool, I walked thru the pool, I had on shorts, boy I think the pool steamed when I stepped in it. Left there on Wed. and went to North/western North Carolina & south-eastern Tennessee and rode the Smokies Mountains. Wow are they pretty. We rode around he eastern base of the Mountains by Cherekee, N.C. and up thru to Deal's Gap. this is where the "Tail of the Dragon" is. Hwy 129, this has 318 corner in just 11 miles. Great time
Then we got home and on Friday 8-08-2008 my sister Debbie got married to Paul whom she had met 8 years ago. They got married at 8:08 p.m. in River Side Park. They and guest arrived in houseboats. Then after we all rode the houseboats back to the marina for the reception. Everything was lit up and her theme was a Lula, so lots of flowerly dresses and shirts. Very Neat.

My Grandchildren


My Grandchildren

Sami, Nick, Ayla and friend
Debbie & Paul
Well that is it for now. Have a great weekend. We are having our River Rat Party this weekend.



No comments:
Post a Comment